Below is a summary of important points regarding our school board policies related to Inclement Weather. Please reference this policy for detailed information regarding cancellations and early dismissals.
- We will reference www.weather.ca for accurate forecasts using PointCast location. You can also check this information from home. Simply type in the postal code for the school (N3H 1V2) and get localized information.
- When the temperature (including windchill or “feels like”) is –14°C or warmer students will be outside for the entire duration of recess.
- When the temperature (including windchill or “feels like”) is –15°C to—19°C students will be limited to 20 minutes of outdoor time.
- When the temperature (including windchill or “feels like”) is –20°C or colder students will be kept indoors.
- Students cannot arrive on school property prior to 8:40am as there is no supervision on the yard or in the building prior to this time. Students will not be allowed in to the building prior to 8:40am on extreme cold days.
It is critical that students be dressed appropriately for Canadian winter.
Please make sure your child has a hat, mitts/ gloves, snowpants, winter coat, boots. If you need assistance providing this for your child we are happy to help out. We have a number of items (new & gently used) that have been donated to our school to assist families in need.