Wishing all our Jaguar families a blessed Christmas filled with happiness, joy, and the love of Christ. Merry Christmas!
Winter Weather Reminders
APH 008: Inclement Weather procedures
Below is a summary of important points regarding our school board policies related to Inclement Weather. Please reference this policy for detailed information regarding cancellations and early dismissals.
- We will reference www.weather.ca for accurate forecasts using PointCast location. You can also check this information from home. Simply type in the postal code for the school (N3H 1V2) and get localized information.
- When the temperature (including windchill or “feels like”) is -14°C or warmer students will be outside for the entire duration of recess.
- When the temperature (including windchill or “feels like”) is -15°C to -19°C students will be limited to 20 minutes of outdoor time.
- When the temperature (including windchill or “feels like”) is -20°C or colder students will be kept indoors.
- Students cannot arrive on school property prior to 8:40am as there is no supervision on the yard or in the building prior to this time. Students will not be allowed in to the building prior to 8:40am on extreme cold days.
It is critical that students be dressed appropriately for Canadian winter.
Please make sure your child has a hat, mitts/ gloves, snowpants, winter coat, boots. If you need assistance providing this for your child we are happy to help out. We have a number of items (new & gently used) that have been donated to our school to assist families in need.
Severe Weather Reminder
In the event of severe weather, please listen to the local radio stations for school closure or bus cancellation information beginning at 6:45am. Announcements are made approximately every quarter hour. Additionally, all cancellation updates can be found on the WCDSB website www.wcdsb.ca under the Cancellations tab.
Did you know you can subscribe to Student Transportation Services to receive updates regarding your child’s bus route? This service will inform you that your child’s route is running late, and also provide cancellation updates. Go to http://www.stswr.ca to subscribe. Please do not call the school for bus information as we also subscribe to the service and will not have the information in advance.
Remember: Climbers are CLOSED at all times throughout the winter months.
After School Supervision
Students must be directly supervised on the school yard by a parent/guardian beginning at 3:40pm. There is no staff supervision on the yard after school. If you are going to pick up your child and you are running late please call the school BEFORE dismissal at 3:40pm and your child will be asked to wait for you in the main office until you arrive. We cannot be responsible for the safety and security of your child when they are waiting unsupervised on the yard. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Public Safety Letter
Please take a moment to review a very important letter that all schools across the Waterloo Region have been asked to share with families in advance of the holiday break.