WE Scare Hunger Food Drive
This year, students will be collecting non-perishable food items throughout the entire month of October. This campaign will be called WE Scare Hunger, and will culminate with our Halloween Dance-a-Thon at the end of October. Students are encouraged to bring in canned and dried goods (e.g., pasta, sauce, beans, canned vegetables, rice, cereal, etc.). Any donation you can share will be greatly appreciated. All our donations will be shared locally as we support SVdP at St. Clement’s parish.
Upon the suggestion of our Catholic School Council, we will be hosting a dance-a-thon on Tuesday October 31st as our school fundraiser. This promises to be great fun for all our students and it promotes physical activity which is our focus for Healthy Schools this year. All students are welcome and encouraged to dress up for Halloween following the guidelines posted below. Please consider supporting our dance-a-thon. Students are really looking forward to this fun afternoon, and all money raised will support your children in the learning environment. This year, we will focus on making our learning spaces engaging, empowering, and interactive. Any contribution you can provide is most certainly appreciated! Donations are possible by cheque or School Cash Online. Please be sure to provide your information on the pledge form as this is the only means of providing a tax receipt (for donations of $20 or more).
All students are invited to dress up in costumes for Halloween on Tuesday October 31st at school. While we want students to have fun, please use the following guidelines when choosing the appropriate costume for school.
- If possible, send your child to school in a spare/used/older costume in the event it becomes damaged. You may also send a change of clothes for your child for the afternoon which is also our school Dance-a-thon.
- Your child will be attending class, participating in physical education, going outside for recess breaks, and eating their snacks / lunch in their costume – they need to be able to move comfortably.
- Do not send any props (e.g. pitch forks, brooms, shovels, wands, etc.)
- Absolutely no face masks.
- Absolutely no fake blood, fake wounds, or scary/ gory costumes will be allowed.
- Please do not send make-up / costumes that teachers need to assemble or apply.
- If costumes are not appropriate, the student will be sent home.