Our school is participating in the FITGO challenge from February 25th to March 1st, 2019!
We will be challenging other schools within the St. Benedict Family of Schools in a friendly competition that involves completing activities in the following focus areas:
- Daily Physical Activity (DPA)
- Healthy Bodies
- Healthy Eating
- Healthy Minds
- Healthy Environment
What does this mean for you?
You may hear your child discuss classroom activities at home. Also, as part of the challenge, students are encouraged to try the following activities at home:
- spend less time looking at a screen (e.g., TV, computer, phone, etc.) and spend more time playing a board game, reading a book, interacting with your family
- pack lunches that include fruits and vegetables
- try to walk to school instead of getting a ride
- go outside after school or on the weekend and enjoy the Canadian winter weather!
Watch us go!
We will be posting our FITGO activities on Twitter using the following hastags:
Let’s join in having some fun, friendly competition within our family of schools and celebrate being a Healthy School!